Use the tool below to search for Fun Things to Do. You’ll find live music, outdoor adventures, diverse lodging, programs at world-class museums, local stage productions and much more.
Nutterville Beatercross 2024
March 2 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Event Photo courtesy of Chris Burback
**Registration will open mid February**
We’re excited to announce that we’re back for the 4th annual Nutterville Beatercross Snowmobile Races!
Dust off those old barn find beater snowmobiles and get ready for an action packed afternoon of amateur snowcross style racing!
– Nutterville Snow Nuts Snowmobile Club shop – 164460 County Road Z, Wausau, Wisconsin (northwest corner of the County Road J & Z intersection, across from Sunset Country Store)
-General Admission: $10, kids 12 and under are free!
-Ticket Wicket (similar to a ski pass) is your proof that your entry fee was paid, will be sold at both County Highway J and County Highway Z entrances.
NOTE: The wicket must be attached to your clothing & visible.
-Food and beverages will be sold on site as a fundraiser for the Nutterville Snow Nuts Snowmobile Club
– ID required for adult beverage purchases
-CASH ONLY for entry and food/drink. Cash, credit or debit for clothing and merchandise
-NO CARRY INS ALLOWED!!
***This will be heavily enforced this year after our leniency was taken advantage of at previous races, race trailers my be subject to inspection for alcohol before entering Snow Nuts property***
-FREE PARKING (watch for the signs)
– Gates open at 7:00am, drivers meeting at 9:30am, and racing starts at 10:00am
SLED AND SAFETY REGULATIONS (subject to change, please check back often!!)…
– Model year 2002 and older sleds only
– Estimated $1000 maximum sled value
– No engine size limit
– All sleds must have a 6″ tall (minimum) number visible from both sides, spray paint or stickers are acceptable. Numbers will be first come, first serve upon registration
– Racers must be 16 or older, anyone under 18 must have a parent sign the race waivers
– Full face DOT helmets are required, moto style helmets with goggles are also acceptable
– Chest protectors strongly recommend
– Must have a working tether
– No studs, studs cut down to the backer nut are acceptable
– Must have ski loops
– Metal ski loops must have a foam cover (pool noodle)
– Snow flap must be in place, does NOT have to be the factory flap
– No custom bumpers or front end reinforcement
– All racers must attend the 9:30am drivers meeting
– Absolutely no alcohol consumption by racers, alcohol consumption during races will mean immediate disqualification
– Absolutely no alcohol is allowed to enter the property and/or be served out of race trailers/haulers. Race haulers may be subject to inspection for alcohol before entering Snow Nuts property
*These basic safety rules will be taken seriously and failure of the mandatory tech inspection will result in disqualification.
CLASSES (NOT ALLOWED TO RUN A, B, AND C):
DASH FOR CASH
INVITATIONAL KING OF BEATERS
We now have a website that has additional information – snownutsbeatercross.com. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, that is the easiest way for us to answer them!
All plans and rules are subject to change at any time. We will keep you posted as we work though any issues that may arise. We look forward to having one heck of a good time, hope to see you all there!